Mr James Savundra MBBS FRACS (PLAS)
Mr Savundra is a fully trained Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and commenced specialist practice in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in 2001. He was a medical student at the University of Western Australia and completed his internship and residency in Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. He then trained in plastic surgery in Perth, Melbourne and New York City.
Mr Savundra is currently a consultant plastic surgeon at Royal Perth Hospital, Fremantle Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children and Royal Perth Rehabilitation Hospital in Shenton Park. He sub-specialises in head and neck reconstructive surgery and hand surgery. James’ thoughts on commencing a group practice in plastic surgery in Western Australia began in 2002 and this group of surgeons opened its doors in 2007 as the Western Australian Plastic Surgery Centre, providing a comprehensive plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery service.
Mr Savundra operates at St John of God Hospital Subiaco on a regular basis and he has accreditation at Hollywood Private Hospital, St John of God Hospital Murdoch and the Mount Hospital.
- Facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Breast functional and cosmetic surgery
- Body contouring surgery
- Body reduction surgery following bariatric surgery (gastric banding)
- Paediatric plastic surgery,
- Setback otoplasty
- Hand surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Head and neck reconstructive surgery
- Reconstructive microsurgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Australia and New Zealand Head and Neck Society
- Australian and New Zealand Burn Association
- Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Western Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Medical Board of Western Australia
- Australian Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Other Professional Activities
Mr Savundra is significantly involved in training future plastic and reconstructive surgeons and is the Western Australian Coordinator of Advanced Trainees in Plastic Surgery. He is the Supervisor of training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Royal Perth Hospital. Mr Savundra is a co-opted member of the Council of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, the main professional body for all Australian Plastic Surgeons.
Mr Savundra has been actively involved in Interplast Australia since 2001 and has been on voluntary plastic surgery missions to Tonga (2001), Sri Lanka (2002), Kiribati (2004), Somalia (2005), Tanzania (2006), the Philippines (2007; Helping Children Smile) and Laos (2008). This year, Mr Savundra travelled to Laos (Interplast) and Vietnam (Vietkids) and will be travelling to Tanzania later in the year.
James regularly lectures medical students, nurses and allied health staff on various aspects of plastic surgery.
||T: (08) 9380 0355
||F: (08) 9380 0397