Cosmetic surgery for men growing in popularity
Think cosmetic surgery is just for women? Think again! A new study from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons has revealed more than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures last year in the US were performed on men. This number is expected to continue growing each year as more men – including those in Perth – consider plastic surgery and so-called “Daddy Makeovers” to assist with the physical changes in their body that come with ageing, parenting, hormones, as well as adjustments to dietary and exercise patterns.
Just like women, who have a wide range of cosmetic procedures to choose from including the popular “Mummy Makeover”, there are many surgical and non-surgical options available to men who wish to feel more confident and improve their appearance.
These days, men have a much better understanding of what is available and have access to a wealth of information. It is very common for us to hear our patients say ‘I wish I’d done it sooner!’ – Dr Anthony Williams
The most popular procedures undertaken by men include:
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery to correct misshapen noses, especially due to sporting injuries)
- Liposuction (for fat removal and body contouring)
- Gynaecomastia (male breast surgery to remove excess breast tissue or skin)
- Upper and/or lower blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery to remove excess skin or fat deposits)
- Face lift and/or neck lift (to correct sagging skin and signs of ageing)
- Non-surgical injectable and skin rejuvenation treatments available from Assure Cosmetic Centre
If you are considering a cosmetic procedure to assist with the effects of a “dad bod”, we encourage you to book an initial consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons to discuss your desired outcomes and determine what the best treatment options would be suited to you.