What To Consider Before Having Surgery
Summer is the most popular season for patients to have cosmetic surgery in Perth however, there are many things to consider before proceeding with any aesthetic procedure.
The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) have provided a helpful guide outlining the most important steps that every patient should follow, including:
1. Choose a Specialist Plastic Surgeon
2. Research your procedure
3. Arrive at your consultation prepared
4. Understand how much it will cost
By following these steps, you will ensure you are informed as much as possible, have realistic expectations and can be confident your surgeon has the necessary training and qualifications to perform invasive cosmetic surgery.
To discuss your surgical options with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, click here.
To read more about the differences between a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and a ‘cosmetic surgeon’, please view the following links:
- Do You Know The Difference? – Specialist Plastic Surgeon vs ‘cosmetic surgeon’
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons – Information for Patients
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) – Meaning Behind the Title ‘Specialist Plastic Surgeon’